The Item Directory window is in two parts. The items are listed in a table in the upper section. A search for a particular item can be made using the various magnifying glass icons or by clicking on Search in the menu. To list all the active items simply select Simple Search and press OK without entering a name.
Further information on the highlighted item is displayed in the lower section. The lower area is in its turn subdivided into two parts. The prices for the period entered per weekday are listed on the left. The individual items (item number, etc.) for rental items and sale are displayed or entered on the right.
Generating new items
A new, empty Item Directory sheet is opened by clicking on Data – Add or on the icon, Add. This comprises three pages, on which name, symbol, duration, meeting place, lesson time, tax rate, storage management, etc is stored. A final click on OK saves the item.
WARNING: The price is not recorded in the Item Directory (see Enter prices).
- Serial No.: The items are listed according to this number. When a zero is entered, followed by clicking on OK the next consecutive number, which has not yet been issued, is recorded.
- Active: This field must be ticked to make the item available. If an item is no longer required, it should not be deleted, but set to "inactive" by deleting the tick. This avoids conflicts in report generation.
- Article name: Enter the item name, the name of the course or the rental item.
- Abbreviation: Abbreviation for the item name for various reports, in which the item name does not fit the format size.
- Prefix: The entry is prefixed with the item name, e.g. on the invoice.
- Symbol: The item is displayed in the sales window by means of the respective symbol.
- Folder: Selection of the folder in the sales window, in which the item for sale can be selected.
- Comment: Further information, which is relevant to the item.
- Goods Group 1–3: Product Group 1 is a mandatory entry. The product groups can be selected from groups already entered or can be freshly entered. They are issued to structure and categorise various reports.
- Group type: All the group types entered under Basic Configuration are available here for selection, in order to categorise the item. The group type also determines the display of the course in the calendar.
- Affiliation / Company: This function allows items to be categorised to a company.
- Internet Category: All items, which are intended for sale in the online shop, require an Internet category. The categories are specified by the online shop or generated by Waldhart Software members of staff and then imported. The item can be found under the selected category after being exported to the online shop, in the online shop or the online reservation form
- Main Article (Rental): Rental items from the online shop are here assigned to a main item in the rental section of on-site sales.: e.g. "3 Days Premium Ski" in the online shop would have the main item "Premium Ski" in on-site sales. The details on the item must be set more precisely for the online shop, whereas the on-site sales items are formulated more generally.
- Statistic group: Swiss ski schools assign a statistics group to the individual items. This is where these can be selected. At the end of the season the monitoring tool produces information on the sales figures for the respective group.
- The appropriate type of course must be ticked here. Selection must be made from the following types of course:
- Group course or Private course (different treatment in Disposition),
- Sales item or Rental item (sale without time-limit or rental for a fixed or optional period),
- Package from several items (entry of the item included with ),
- Midday supervision (abbreviated as "CC" for tickets and disposition).
- Type: Item types are installed in Basic Configuration – Item Type and there assigned to an item. This serves further to categorise the item and is required, for example, in post course mailing for the Bobo Children's Club.
- The start dates for the item or course are ticked here for Sales in the online shop. (This affects only the selection of start date in the online shop; the start dates have no effect on the ticket sales from the WS Skischule program). After export to the online shop only the selected dates are offered in the online shop as course start dates.
Ticket printing can be activated or deactivated by deleting or inserting the tick.
- Coupon book: Two sections are printed – the upper section is for the guest and the lower section for the ski instructor (default setting).
- Coupon for each day: A slip is printed for each day. For child-care over the lunch hour a ticket is printed for every day, on which CC has been booked.
- Print on one coupon only: Applies to single-section tickets.
- Empty coupon: The lower section is not printed.
- Print on main ticket: This selection exists for additional items (see under Properties) such as child-care over the lunch hour. When activated, no ticket is printed solely for the additional item. The purchase of additional tickets is identified solely on printing out the main ticket.
- Duration … day(s): for courses: How long is the course in weekdays?
- Validity… day(s): If the dates of the duration agree with the validity of the ticket, validity is zero. If the item is valid, for example, for 8 days (duration 8 days), but only 6 days of these are redeemable, the validity is 6 days.
- Value … half-day(s): If the course lasts only half a day, the value is 1; if it concerns a full day's course the value is 2.
- Amount: has the same function as Validity… day(s), but in units of quantity, instead of days. This is entered, for example, for lessons, numbers of items.
- Extension: Tickets for the sale of this item are highlighted in disposition reports and on the ticket print-out as extensions.
- Refund (Cancellation Card): Tickets for the sale of this item are printed as cancellation tickets and are also displayed in the Journal as cancellations.
- Additional item: must be activated for items, which can function only as additional items.
- Print price: The price is printed on the ticket for the item.
- Requests List: The item is displayed on the Requests List after sale.
- Rental receipt: The item is printed on the rental receipt.
- Take opening times into account: The ski school's opening hours are taken into account. If, for example, no group courses are run on Saturdays, this is recorded in red in the opening times. A 3-day course is booked with the start date of Friday, the Saturday is automatically skipped and the ticket is charged for a period of three days up to Monday. For private courses, which also take place on Saturdays, this property is deactivated.
- Discountable: A discount may be given when tickets are sold. If a discount is never given on the item (e.g. midday supervision), the field must be deactivated.
- Price * Number of days/Quantity: The price is calculated on a sale by multiplying the normal price of the item by the duration of the course or the quantity.
- Consumption per usage: The relationship is valid only once – the property can be combined with Coupon book with 6 coupons.
- Coupon book with 6 coupons: In order to use this property, tickets with 6 stubs are required in the lower section. Each stub is printed with its own bar code, which, together with Consumption per usage is used for the daily report.
- Seat reservation: A sketch of all the seats opens up for ticket sales and in this way the seat can be selected during the sale.
- Pre-Allocation: If the item is placed in the shopping cart, a window opens showing the appropriate courses for the group type, which are available. In this way the ticket can be allocated to a course during the sales transaction.
- Hourcard: If the item involves an hourly card or a time card this tick-box must be activated. For repeated use as an hourly card, half-hour cycles can be specified to show when the guest took part in the course. At the end of the week the completed course is set against the total sum and in some cases an amount is reimbursed to the guest.
- Post-input of ski instructor: The item can be selected from the Post-input of Ski Instructor (Statement) as an option.
- Sale without dialog: On the sale of the item no dialogue window (entry of customer data, etc.) is opened. The item goes straight to the shopping cart.
- Print Label: On the conclusion of the sale of the item a label is printed, e.g. to identify the skis.
- Take authorization into account: Activated as default. If an item is intended to be an exception to the permissions assigned in permissions management, this field must be deactivated.
- Reduced sales window: During a sale lesson times and duration, meeting place, ski instructor, etc. are not displayed in the dialogue.
- Meeting place / time: If the same meeting place and the same meeting time apply to an item, this is noted here and must therefore not be specifically selected during the sale.
- Course: If the lessons always take place at the same time, the course time can be inserted here. If there are different lesson times (e.g. morning OR afternoon), the AND can be replaced with an OR by using the Alternative time for lesson(s) function.
- Tolerance (min): tolerance period for the rental in the case of late return.
- Voucher: This is where a fixed voucher partner can be recorded. As a result the item is always sold through this partner and is included on the partner's invoice; the guest does not have to pay direct.
- Billing code: Bar codes with the appropriate offset code for other rental programs are generated on a ticket.
- Profile: If a participant for this course has a determined Profile, this is recorded here. In the course of the sale the predefined profile is also recorded for the guest.
- Possible profiles: Only the profiles specified here may be selected in the Sales window.
- Ticket information: The information entered here is printed on the ticket.
VAT - Percentage 1 to 4 are assigned by means of the percentage share 1 to 4. If there is only one rate of tax (Austria) and no mixed tax rates (Switzerland) the percentage share of the applicable rate of tax is 100 and the other 3 percentage shares are 0 per cent. If, for example, Value Added Tax is at 20 percent (VAT rate 1:20), the percentage share is 1 in 100.00
All the data entered here relate to the accounting for the ski instructor, who reports or invoices this item.
- Time: This is where any time differing from the lesson time can be entered and this new time will then be entered as working hours for this item in the payment of the ski instructor.
- Fixed sum: The ski instructor receives this as a fixed amount, when he carries out this item or course.
- Time-dependent: The courses are accounted on an instruction-time basis.
- Group: Swiss companies may enter the appropriate accounting groups here.
- Third-party account cost centre: This section is for the account numbers for the Accounts Department.
This section concerns only items, which are included in the WS online shop. Short and detailed descriptions may be entered either through the online shop or through WS Skischule.
- Brief description: Clicking on the line opens a window, into which short descriptions of the items can be entered in a variety of languages. The short descriptions are then displayed in the online shop under the item names. If no short descriptions are available, meeting place, meeting time and lesson times are displayed.
- Detailed information: This is where detailed descriptions of the item are specified. To view the detailed descriptions in the online shop, the customer must first of all click on "Show details...". As with the short descriptions, the detailed descriptions can be entered in a variety of languages.
- Advanced: This is where advanced options from Waldhart Software can be entered.
- Internet – discountable: If this tick-box is activated a discount can be issued via the online shop. (This function is installed by Waldhart Software).
- Configuration online shop: This is where the offer periods for the items in the online shop are localised. For example, if a course is fully booked, this is where the dates on which there are no ski instructors available, may be blocked.
- The dates, which are generally released for the online shop are identified in turquoise or light green and adhere to the specified start dates.
- Any additional dates kept clear are displayed in dark green; these dates are offered independently of the start dates saved to the highlighted dates.
- The days blocked out by the ski school are shown in orange.
- The dates, which can be blocked only by Waldhart Software in the background are shown in red. These dates can be released only by Waldhart Software.
Article - designations:
Here the item descriptions are specified in the form, in which they are to be displayed in the online shop or printed on the ticket. The item can be entered in a variety of languages (for tickets and online shops in other languages). WARNING: To ensure that the item can be exported to the online shop, each identifier must appear only once among all the items. As soon as an identifier is repeated, export does not function. The error report shows clearly which identifier is repeated. Searching for ambiguous identifiers helps to find the items, which have caused the error.
There is space here for up to 3 freely definable text fields and up to 3 freely definable check boxes, which Waldhart Software can include as extras.
- Code: This is where data for the list view in Sales are entered.
- Picture File Path (URL): Path to an image which is to be displayed in the list view.
Store management – Store article – Incoming/Outgoing
This page concerns rental and sales items. This is where the minimum stock (if this is reached, a notice appears when the software is started up), the storage location and the incoming and outgoing goods. The current stock is automatically updated on sales and cancellations. Clicking on New records new entries.
This is where the items for the integrated or stand-alone online shop are categorised by Waldhart Software. The categorisation shows the availability of the items in the online shop.
Instead of creating a completely new item, an item can also be duplicated and then altered. To do this, highlight the item and select Duplicate. This opens the Item Directory window with the details on the selected item. The information entered can now be adjusted to the new item to be generated. Once all the data have been entered or amended, the next item is installed by clicking on OK. If none of the contents have been altered, the software saves the same item again as originally selected.
If a price has already been stored for an item, this can be seen in the table on the left. This is where the day-to-day prices for the selected item are displayed.
A price should be stored for each item, to facilitate the sale of the item. Items, which are exported to the online shop, must have been saved with a price. If the price is missing, the item is indeed exported to the online shop by means of the Internet category, but because the price is missing, it is not displayed on line. The prices for an item or a course for a selected Period are specified by clicking on Specify price (Crtl + P) in the list of symbols or in the menu under Edit. Various prices, e.g. for high and low season, can be stored by selecting the period. In the case of normal sales the program reverts to the Normal Price entered.
Fixed extension prices are entered under Extension.
The Supplement applies per additional person for private courses. The quantity in Additional Persons specifies from which date and up to how many persons a supplement is valid per further person. For example, two persons do not simply pay double, but a specified supplement.
The dates during a specified period, for which the prices entered are valid are stored under Weekdays. This means that, for example, on Sundays a tariff different from that on weekdays can be charged.
If several items are selected and the price entry window is accessed, the same price for all the selected items is saved.
At the start of the season the period or entry of prices must be checked once more. One line showing the defined price is created for every day of the specified period. The display begins with the current date. Previous days are not shown. If the last day of a period with a specified price is in the past, this remains displayed.
Since the prices are entered only for a determined period, they have to be stored afresh every season. If the prices remain the same as on a determined date, the prices on this date for each selected item can continue to be entered. To do this, one or more items are highlighted and Edit – Continue prices is selected. In the first dialogue window the cut-off date, which is the date from which the prices should be withdrawn, is selected.
In the second Period window the period, during which the price at the cut-off date is to be valid, is specified The last dialogue field requests confirmation as to whether only the prices of the selected items (YES) or those of all the items (NO) should be written.
Prices Voucher Partner
A variety of special prices for Voucher Partners may also be assigned to the individual items. The Voucher Partners are stored and managed under Seasons Settings or in the navigation list under Addresses – Voucher Partner. The saved Voucher Partner price applies as soon as a voucher partner is entered in the Sales Window.
To enter prices for voucher partners the icon must be activated by clicking on it. The function can be activated via Edit – Set the price for Voucher partner. If the function has been activated, the display in the lower area of the Item Directory changes. The prices are now displayed against a light yellow background and in the field on the bottom right the voucher partners are displayed.
By clicking on Specify prices the price for the selected voucher partners at the bottom right is entered. Now the price entry field also has a light yellow background, to make it clear that the price entry being made is for a voucher partner.
The prices are saved by clicking on OK; the price is entered as described in Enter prices.
When the various items and voucher partners are selected Specify prices saves the price for the respective combination. If all the prices entered are for voucher partners, the icon must be deactivated again with a single click.
To edit items either double click on an item or highlight an item and then single click on the Change icon. If the same change is to be made for several items, all the items concerned can be selected and then edited by clicking on Change. This is helpful if, for example, the product group or the Internet category has to be saved again or changed.
The same window as for creating an item opens for editing items. If several items are edited simultaneously, the item name cannot be edited. Certain fields are orange, since these should not be changed, or should be changed only with care.
Clicking on OK saves the changes; if you click on Cancel the item remains as it was.